Thursday, May 14, 2009

Update from Ingrid Giles

Ingrid We enjoyed a nice long visit from my parents, and now they are back in Phoenix.  Unfortunately for them, they were here when the days began to be hot, and they left just before it cooled off!  The rainy season is giving hints that it will begin soon, and the air is a little cooler than it was for a while.  I have hopes that it will be a good rainy season this year.  There is still some water in the river from last year’s rain!

A few people in town have gotten the swine flu, but the normal everyday flu is still the more usual variety around here.  Schools will be opening again next Monday.  Thank you for praying for us during this epidemic.  It seems to have calmed down a bit but please do keep praying!

Our coworkers the Schierkolks are leaving this week for the States, where they will spend a few months on deputation and visiting family.  Also their daughter Rachel will take some tests in Texas next week (I believe their daughter Megan will be taking a test as well).  Please pray for travel safety for the whole family, for God’s blessings on their speaking in churches, for the girls as they take their tests, and for my brother Danny, who will be in charge of the church here while they are gone.

My nephew Robert is still not born!  He had been developing so quickly that the doctor had moved up the original due date; we are now in the time in between the two due dates.  Please pray for Marcela as she is at the very end of her pregnancy.

Here is my prayer list:

Please (requests):

  • Pray for my continued health.  (I am still completely well!)
  • Ask God to continue to provide Dan and Marcela’s financial needs and also mine. 
  • Please continue to pray for Claudia Gamboa and her kids, for Abril and Cesar, and for Oscar.
  • Pray for Nena and Fernando and their family, especially for full forgiveness and restoration.
  • Pray for Omar’s family; that they would come to accept Jesus as their Savior and Lord.
  • Pray that God would give me the words and phrases necessary to do the best possible job of translating this Sunday School material so that it will be clear to children from all over the Spanish-speaking world.  Also pray that God would use these lessons to speak to the children and teachers who use them.
  • Pray that I’d do a good job as Sunday School teacher.
  • Ask God to guide me in small and large decisions, and to help me spend my time wisely.

Thank you (praise):

  • I have continued to be well!
  • Fernando is here and seems to be trying to follow God and to be a good dad and a good husband. 
  • We have a new family (Omar’s family) in church!
  • I have wonderful loving friends and family and I get to spend time with my nieces every day!
  • God is continuing to provide our needs.
  • We enjoyed a great visit with my parents!

Sincerely,

Ingrid Giles