Monday, May 21, 2007

Stephanie Nelson to Minister in Nepal

My name is Stephanie Nelson, daughter of Randy Nelson, the pastor of Lisbon Bethlehem Lutheran Church in IL.

After going on a week-long mission trip with my youth group last summer, God made it clear that He had more mission work planned for me. Over the last eight months He guided me as I made the decision to spend this summer serving Him in Nepal, a small country between China and India. I will be going with a group of other teenagers from across the nation from June 23 - August 1 through Royal Servants International. We will spend time doing lots of street ministry and evangelism, as well as volunteering in an orphanage, sharing the love of Jesus with isolated leper colonies, and various other service projects. I am so incredibly thankful that God has provided me with this opportunity; I cannot wait to go share Jesus with the people of Nepal! Though at times it can be overwhelming, it is so encouraging to know that Jesus will go with me everywhere; He'll never leave my side. And this promise is for all of us! May the Lord continue to bless each of you as you support His work!

Thank you for this opportunity to share; it's always exciting to talk about how God is working!

Stephanie Nelson