Friday, September 16, 2005

Lives Are Being Changed - Paul Abel

Someone once said that a pastor’s real work is dealing with the “interruptions.” We sure have plenty of those. About a month ago I got an interruption when a lady and two small boys appeared at my house, saying she had heard that I help people. She was leaving her third husband (live-in) and needed help to move to her brother’s house. After talking with her, sharing Jesus and praying with her, I agreed to help with the move. I invited her to church in Campo Largo. She has been coming ever since and is heeding my advice on how to raise her boys. She attended our weekend seminar last week and gave a radiant testimony, honoring Jesus and asking us to be her spiritual parents, protecting her from further mistakes in her love life. Over 200 people were in church that night (Aug. 28) giving their testimonies. The service was 2 ½ hours long and consisted of testimonies and praise songs to the Lord. People’s lives are being changed.