Dear Prayer Partners:
Thank you for your continued prayers and standing with us as we trust Him in all things! It has been about eight weeks since we touched base last with our prayer team. We are thankful for you as we reflect on Ephesians 5: to be ambassadors for Christ in the world but not of the world, make the most of our time, understand what the will of the Lord is, be filled with the Spirit, worship, always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, and being subject to one another in the fear of Christ. Prayer and fellowship with our Heavenly Father and with each other is necessary for all these things.
Answered Prayer/ Praises!
- Our health has been great. Travel has been safe and full of learning with the people God puts us in contact with. We are encouraged by so many that are devoted to prayer and using their gifts and talents in their local churches and for their communities to make a difference for Christ. When we come for a visit to share about Wycliffe and God’s call for our family, we are impacted by the ministries of these various places and we are spurred to carry on in this journey trusting in God’s faithfulness!
- Our family car has been miraculously sufficient to bring us to and fro in MN, WI, and SD lately. We had to miss our trip to IL and we were disappointed because of the ice storm here, but God provided them another missionary speaker on short notice so we trust God’s hand in it. We continue to learn about trusting God on our journey too. One time we locked our stuff including our keys in the trunk just minutes from having to share at the next church service and with your prayers all went well. To be His hands and feet in unexpected circumstances still reveals God’s faithfulness and provision.
- Our support team is growing and we are getting closer to the 100% goal. We will post what percent we are at in our next newsletter to be sent in June. Our financial requirements and missions assignment are currently being re-evaluated. More details below in prayer requests.
- We are witnessing individuals and families stepping out and considering God’s personal call in their lives concerning missions.
- God’s guidance and plan as we continue to schedule presentations and travel in MN, SD, ND, WI, and MI. Safe travel and good health.
- That our focus would continually be about our Heavenly Father’s business and not what we “do”; but trust in the work of the Holy Spirit and God’s will in all things. We have a perfect Father who does all things well.
- Balance and management as we continue to work on our home place, travel, meet needs as a family, and consider the changes ahead.
- God’s provision of a buyer as we put our home on the market. Hey, why not even before it is on the market? God is great, right?! J
- We have recently learned that over the course of time it has taken for us to raise our support team, Wycliffe has also been developing effective ways for more missionaries to work remotely in various assignments. As we consider the cost involved to serve from Orlando and the growing needs of our elderly parents, Wycliffe has opened the door wide to the opportunity to serve with them full-time whether on site or remotely from MN. Still serving in the same capacity and effective in the efforts to further Bible Translation work worldwide. Please pray for wisdom in God’s ultimate plan as we consider these options and where our home base should be as we desire to be good stewards with all funds involved.
- As God goes before us, we are also open to short-term international assignments that may arise after our initial time in Orlando. Pray we recognize what training and preparing we may need in the mean time and be ready for God’s call to aid various missionary computer support needs.
Some villagers in Papua New Guinea built a house in the center of their village and called it “God’s house” though they have no missionary or pastor in their midst. They have seen the difference the Bible has made in other distant villages and long for someone to come and tell them about God. One headmaster exclaims, “We believe someday soon someone will come and give us God’s Book. We want to be ready. We are just waiting.” As we consider scriptures that challenge us to be ready, we want to be ready for His various calls to aid in bringing God’s Book to those waiting and ultimately be ready for Christ’s return! Thank you again for your commitment to the power of prayer!
In Christ, Steve & Glenda Kvale
Personal Website: www.TranslateTheWord.org
AFLC Missionaries on Loan to Wycliffe Bible Translators