Thursday, January 19, 2006

Prayer Request from Hinrichs'


"in his time, in his time He makes all things beautiful in his time…"

Maybe you know this old Christian chorus which encourages us to wait upon the Lord in submission until His Time. Usually it is easy to give that advice to somebody but to stand still when we feel pressed on every side to make a quick decision is not that easy. We can relate to that feeling concerning the Bible school. Of course by now you have heard from our newsletter that we have asked for prayer concerning the need for Bible school accommodations. The situation is becoming more serious since our students have now actually moved.

Right now all nine of our daily Bible school students live in three rooms squeezed between our office, the classroom and storage rooms. The building is used periodically for other purposes like VBS classes during winter break so the students will have to move out from their rooms. Downstairs we used to have a lounge which now we will be sharing with the after-school club for the kids from the community. Just yesterday we had to give up one of our two classrooms for the sake of having a guest room available. We simply see that it is impossible to have Bible School in a place where there is constantly something else (not related to the school) going on.

The Lord has been speaking to us lately a lot through the Book of Isaiah giving his promises about his faithfulness, his provision. He encouraged us especially during our recent retreat to the “Bible House” Betania (retreat center in Bielsko-Biala). Also, as we gathered at the New Year banquet at CME precious promises were read from Is. 43:10-13, 19 – ’You are my witnesses,’ declares the LORD, ‘and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed-- I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,’ declares the LORD, ‘that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?… See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”

In hearing these promises from the Lord, we have no doubt that He will find a solution to our problem with accommodations and the future of the ministry here in the Bible school. Please stand with us in prayer as we seek God’s direction and provision. “He will make a way, when there seems to be no way!”

Thank you!

Tim and Renata Hinrichs