Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Effective Prayer in Mexico - Darwin Jackson

"Does the Bible ever say anywhere from Genesis to Revelation, 'My house shall be called a house of preaching... or of music?' Of course not. The Bible does say, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations'. Preaching, music, the reading of the Word - these things are fine; I believe in and practice all of them. But they must never override prayer as the defining mark of God's dwelling. The honest truth is that I have seen God do more in people's lives during ten minutes of real prayer than in ten of my sermons."
Jim Cymbala


The Lumppio's are bringing Fransisco and his kids to us today because I was sick yesterday and couldn't go get him last night. The visit last Friday with the doctor was not so good. Not only are his legs etc. swollen, but his heart as well. The doc sent us to an internist who confirmed that Fransisco is in trouble, and because he's at the bottom of the economic scale of things, doesn't have much hope. He highly recommended three test be done immediately, X- rays of his chest area, ultra sound of his heart, and another test that I don't know what it is. We have appointments today at noon and at two o'clock. Please pray for Fransisco.