Sunday, June 10, 2007

Pray for the Darwin Jacksons

"As is the business of tailors to make clothes and cobblers to make shoes, so it is the business of Christians to pray."
Martin Luther

I apologize for not keeping you all up-to-date on all of our happenings over the last few weeks, but we thank you for your faithfulness at this "business" of prayer.

Our dear brethren at Atonement Free Lutheran in Arlington, WA. had it in their hearts to either have MaryAnn and Gracie fly up here for a few days to be with me, or have me flown down their for a few days. I resisted mainly because of the extravagance of the expense (MaryAnn knows I'm cheep), not realizing that it was providential. When I called MaryAnn to let her know what our brethren had done, she was about to call me to ask if there was any way that I could come down to take Gracie back with me to WA. so she wouldn't be around as Grandma dies. So I now have Gracie with me, and she'll travel with me as we continue to make our rounds through the summer.

This Sunday I'll be preaching at Triumph Free Lutheran Church in Ferndale WA.

Not all is work though, on Wednesday we were invited to a Mariners baseball game. It was a lot of fun (even though we lost). Grace is spending the weekend with my Dad. I'll pick her up Monday or Tuesday.

Thank you all again for your prayers,

Darwin, Mary Ann and Gracie Jackson

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8