Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ingrid Giles - Mexico

Ingrid Bible Study Wow, June is half gone!  It has been raining here the last week or so.  I hear that those of you who live in the Midwest have gotten a lot of rain as well!

My parents came to visit in the last week of May, and I think they enjoyed spending time with their granddaughters.  They were also here for my thirtieth birthday, which was very nice for me.  On the Sunday that they were here, we had a big party for them after church.  Many people from Aguascalientes (where they had worked for many years before they moved to Jerez) came to see them, and overall we felt that the party was a success.

I will spend the month of July in San Luis Potosí, helping teach a linguistics course through SIL at the University of San Luis Potosí (UASLP).  I am looking forward to it.  June is just racing by as I prepare for that and continue to translate at the same time! 

Please continue to hold up Claudia Arcos and her four children in your prayers.  She is continuing to grow spiritually and it is good to see, even though she is going through a prolonged time of difficulty.

Here is my prayer list:

Please (requests):

  • Pray for my continued health.
  • Pray that women would come to the Thursday Bible Study.
  • Ask God to continue to provide Dan and Marcela's financial needs.  
  • Please continue to pray for Claudia Gamboa and her kids, and Nena and her kids.
  • Pray for God's guidance for me and the World Missions Committee as I continue the process of applying to be a full-term missionary.
  • Pray that God would give me the words and phrases necessary to do the best possible job of translating this Sunday School material so that it will be clear to children from all over the Spanish-speaking world.  Also pray that God would use these lessons to speak to the children and teachers who use them.
  • Pray that I'd do a good job as Sunday School teacher and superintendent.
  • Ask God to help me be diligent and spend my time wisely.  Also ask Him to help me live and do all that I do in a way that honors and glorifies Him.
  • For my trip to San Luis Potosi in July:
    • That God would help me prepare during the rest of June.
    • That God would protect us on the trip and bless us.  (Danny and Marcela will drive me.)
    • That I would be a blessing to the Villareal family, with whom I will be staying; to Laura Gittlen, the professor with whom I will be working; and to the students.
    • That I would be able to visit with my friend Brenda, a Mexican missionary who will be there to take the advanced course before leaving for China.
    • That I would do a good job, accomplish the purpose for which God is sending me there and learn some things in the process!

Thank you (praise):

  • I have been healthy.
  • Claudia Arcos is continuing to seek God and follow Him, and she has grown a lot spiritually.
  • Nena is trying to follow God.
  • God has provided our needs in unexpected ways, as well as some hoped-for ways! 
  • I get to live with Daniel, Marcela, Ari and Andi, and see them every day!
  • We were blessed by my parents' visit a couple of weeks ago.
  • So many people came from Aguascalientes to honor my parents while they were here.

Sincerely,

Ingrid Giles