Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Jerez, Mexico - Ingrid Giles

STA - IG Autumn is here!  The weather turned cold on the same day Marcela decorated her house for fall.  It was a nice coincidence.

Claudia Arcos and her four kids still need prayer.  Pray especially for wisdom for Claudia as she makes decisions, and for Karen (the oldest) as she balances schoolwork with helping her mom.

I've started a weekly Bible Study with Claudia Perez.  It is the same study that I finished last month with Claudia Arcos.  (It is an excellent study that my mom wrote about a year ago.)  Please pray that God would touch her heart as we study His Word together, and that it would make a real difference in her life.

I am thankful to announce that Bibi, who had a bad stroke in the end of June, is continuing to improve!  She walks around now and has even been to church a couple of times.  She still can't use her left arm very much, but that seems to be all that remains of her paralysis (and thankfully, she is right-handed).  Her roommate has gone to the States for three months, so she will be on her own for a while.  Of course, the people from the church as well as her friends are going to be looking in on her and making sure she has plenty of food and so on. 

Abril and Cesar need prayer, too.  They are determined to live and raise their family in a way that brings honor and glory to God, but they are very young and under a lot of pressure from both sets of parents. 

Don't forget to check my blog from time to time.  I don't update it as often as I would like, but at least it has pictures sometimes.    http://ingrid.zrgtech.com/

Here is my prayer list:

Please (requests):

  • Pray for my continued health.
  • Ask God to continue to provide Dan and Marcela's financial needs. 
  • Please continue to pray for Claudia Gamboa and her kids, and Nena and her kids.
  • Pray that God would give me the words and phrases necessary to do the best possible job of translating this Sunday School material so that it will be clear to children from all over the Spanish-speaking world.  Also pray that God would use these lessons to speak to the children and teachers who use them.
  • Pray that I'd do a good job as Sunday School teacher.
  • Ask God to help me be diligent and spend my time wisely.  Also ask Him to help me live and do all that I do in a way that honors and glorifies Him.
  • Ask God to keep healing Bibi and her family.
  • Pray for the Bible Study with Claudia Perez.
  • Pray for Abril and Cesar.

Thank you (praise):

  • God has been healing Bibi and bringing her family together.
  • I have been healthy.
  • Claudia Arcos is continuing to seek God and follow Him, and she has grown a lot spiritually.
  • God is continuing to provide our needs.
  • I get to live with Daniel, Marcela, Ari and Andi, and see them every day!
  • The climate here is lovely.  God made a beautiful world.

Sincerely,

Ingrid Giles