Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pray for Visas

Nate & Jon Low ResNathan Olson and Jon Nelson have been waiting for several months now to receive their visa to travel to Brazil and work as Short Term mission Assistants (STA).  Please pray that the Lord would open the door for them to serve Him in this way.  Below is the text of a recent email sent out by Nathan and Jon.

                                                                               

“I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait.”

John Waller “While I’m Waiting”

We didn’t get the positive response from the consulate that we had hoped for last Monday. We were told to check back today, instead we received an email this morning informing us that we still need another document before our visas can officially be approved.

The document that’s needed is a notarized letter from the mission in Brazil about where we are going to volunteer, describing the activities and places where the activities will take place. This letter is very similar to one we had sent in a couple months ago, but this document needs to be more in depth with the information provided than the one we had sent in previously.

As of now we’ve already notified the Abel’s letting them know that the letter is needed and we hope to get it to the consulate as soon as Wednesday. From what we’ve been told, the letter just needs to go to the consulate in Chicago and not back to Brazil. Please be in prayer as we send in this document! If our files do go to Brazil it could take another month before we hear a response.

Overall this has been a time of waiting for Nate and myself. At times discouraging, but overall encouraging, with people voicing their concerns and offering their prayers. We are continuing to wait on the Lord, looking to Him for guidance and strength as we keep preparing. Nate and I can both see the Lord working in our lives as we wait and as He molds us and uses us while we’re here. The Lord is faithful in all that He does and we thank you for your prayers. God bless!

Jon Nelson and Nathan Olson