Monday, December 07, 2009

Jesse Long’s Christmas Update

image Wow! It is hard to believe how fast the past month has gone and even more amazing to realize that another year is already coming to an end!!  I trust this finds you all enjoying a blessed Christmas season and looking forward to a blessed 2010.

I again have many blessings to report as God has truly had His hand on the past month.  As you know, I had the opportunity to make a business trip to Dubai just a few weeks ago for my previous employer, LEKTRO, Inc.  I am happy to report that all my travels went extremely smoothly (truly noteworthy on this continent), it was a successful trip, and, as always, I was so encouraged to be able to work again with Eric.  In addition to all this, however, I am so thankful that things back here at Waama also went well in my absence.  This included not only the special course for my third-year students to help them be more effective in witnessing to Muslims but also a weekend of Spiritual Meetings held for the staff and students here on campus.

After my return, I had just a few short weeks of teaching left in the semester and now we are in the process of bringing things to a close before Christmas break.  This will include planting the rest of the school’s fields (as soon as we get another good rain) and then administering final exams for the semester.  We have this week and next to wrap these things up; then, according to the schedule, the school will be closed and the students will head for home on the 19th.

This Christmas season is a little different for Ben and me.  For Ben, this is because things continue to move forward in his relationship with a certain young lady back in the States.  In fact, he left yesterday on his way to spend Christmas and New Years with her, her family, and his own family.  For me, I was trying to decide what would be the best way to spend the Christmas season when the opportunity came up to do another business trip for LEKTRO, Inc.  For some, making a business trip during Christmas break might sound less than appealing but I was excited to have something productive to do with my time and it even worked out for me to have some days of sightseeing in Cairo, Egypt from December 23rd-29th even though the work is only for a couple days preceding that in the country of Bahrain.  God is so good!!

As we reach the end of another year, it also seems we are getting closer to the end of Ben and my time here at Waama.  We continue to covet your prayers not only for us but also for the school and the leaders of the church in this region.  We have days where it seems progress is being made but there are certainly days when it seems this school will never be able to stand on its own two feet.  Pray that God would strengthen those leaders who are being faithful and raise up more to stand with them.  Satan certainly doesn’t want people to be taught the Word of God with faithfulness.  Pray also for Ben and I, not only as we serve here day by day but also as we seek God’s will for our individual futures.  Thank you so much for your partnership with us.

Wishing you all God’s richest blessings now and in the New Year ahead.

In Christ,

Jesse Long

Mbulu, Tanzania