Sunday, July 11, 2010

Please Can You Assist Me?

image Several weeks ago I was walking in town when a friend of mine rode up on a motorcycle.  He works as a ‘motorcycle taxi’ driver who drives customers to their destinations.  He had heard the Bible stories that we had recorded in his language (Lango) from Bosco, our night watchman, who has been recording the stories into his mother tongue.

“Those stories are VERY good!  Can you please assist me so that I can get my own Mega Voice so I can hear the stories from the Bible?”  I did not have any more Mega Voice audio players to give him, but after discovering that his mobile phone has a memory card slot, I suggested that we put the stories on his phone.

I saw him again this week and I asked him if he has been listening to the Bible stories.  He said, “Every night before I go to bed I have to listen to those stories.”

The Word of God is powerful to bring people to salvation.  As the Word of God says, “How can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? … Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God” (Romans 10:14b, 17).  We are here in Uganda so that people might hear the Word of God and be saved.

Nate Jore

Note:  Photo is a stock photo of a typical motorcycle taxi in Uganda.