Saturday, January 26, 2013

Update on Matthew Abel Who Is In Brazil for Ministry

541977_10151092824229075_1475190521_nToday is Monday January 21st and I am in Brazil! For some of you this is the first mission update/letter that you are receiving and for some of you it is the 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

I arrived home late last Wednesday Night (Jan. 16th) and hit the ground running. I am home after being away for 6 years and am excited about reconnecting with the community that I grew up in. I see this year ahead as an amazing opportunity to testify about God's work in my life and influence a group of people whom I have easy access to.

There has been much work to help with immediately upon my arrival since Bible camp begins tomorrow! Today our Counselor staff arrives and everything will have to be arranged and set up for camp. My mother, Becky, is off to do the shopping and pick up the cook (my godmother) as I write this letter.

Please be in prayer for this week of Bible Camp, there are already over 50 children registered, which means that there will probably be more kids attending than the 70 we were expecting! Bible Camp is a great evangelistic opportunity as we preach the Gospel and teach children to know the Bible and to Love Jesus in a SUPER fun and safe environment. Our counselor staff is hand picked and great! Pray that they would be tactful and loving ministers of grace here at Camp. Many are stretched and challenged with new experiences in telling stories, acting in dramas and leading groups. Please pray for safety and good weather also.

After the craziness of the Bible camp rush is done I will be sitting down with missionaries Paul and Becky Abel for us to evaluate and strategize about how to best invest my time and energy. Unfortunately there are more opportunities in ministry for me here than I can possibly do, and I will have to narrow my options in order to properly invest and have a lasting impact here while keeping my sanity.

I am very blessed and am expectant about what God is doing and what He will do. I have dreams, plans and radical idealism about the future and I will be glad to continue to share the blessings and the needs with you all as this develops.
  
Duty calls. -Thank you for your prayers!

Please continue to pray for: 
Holy Spirit Power 
My Transition Back 
The decision-making about ministry 
The existing church body here and its ministries 
The process of reconnecting with old friends who are far from the Lord 
Whatever the Holy Spirit Places on Your Heart