Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hitting the Road, Over and Over Again

Well, it has been a busy spring and summer! I arrived in the United States on March 29th and since then I have added more than 11,000 miles to the World Missions van. I have had the joy of visiting AFLC churches in Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa and Missouri. I have shared in   Sunday morning services, Wednesday night Bible studies, WMF Rallies, Circles, Seniors groups and VBS’s. I have stayed with amazing families and visited old friends. I have been blessed by eternal truths taught through Minnesota corn fields and dairy cows.

I hope I have encouraged brothers and sisters with what the Lord is doing in Brazil; I know that I have been built up in every church I visited. The joyful spirits  and open hearts have blessed me over and over.

One of the highlights has been  taking part in the VBS’s in Arlington, Dexter, Kasson, Mankato and Amery. The children came seeking hearts, ready to learn about God’s love and had eyes to see what grown ups often miss - the precious ways God shows Himself everyday. I found so many young hearts that felt for the children in Brazil and I really believe we have a new generation of prayer warriors!

Updates South of the Border:  As I write my visa is in my packet, ready for the packing! I will be retuning to Brazil on September 11th, and I am so blessed to be able to return to the land God called me to; but I have to say that the last five months have been a special gift of God.

While I have been traveling in the States the Miriam home has continued to minister God’s grace to children at risk. When I left Brazil there were only 7 children in the house, within three weeks that total was up to 16 children, then 22. At one point we had 13 children with 9 of them 3 years old and younger! You can imagine how hard our precious house mom’s were working!!!

The household keeps changing and by my last report we presently have 13 children but the ages are a little more varied.

You have already met some our children. The two “oldest” are actually among the youngest

Nicolas and Emily (both are going on three) have been with us since the end of last year. Baby Rafael, brother and sister Thaylon  and Taila and our teen-age princesses, Maria, Giovana and Diane are also still in the house.

More recent arrivals are  two brothers Ricardo (8 years old) and Caio(6). We also have Raquel (4), Kauan (8)  and Taylaine (10).

I will be letting you know more of these precious ones’ life stories once I’m back in Brazil.

Editor’s note:  To read the rest of the Jonni’s newsletter, please click here.