Tuesday, May 15, 2007

News from Darwin Jacksons

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:26,27

"...prayer is partnership with God in His planet-sized purposes, and includes the 'all things' beside, as an important detail of the whole." S.D. Gordon

Mary, Mary Ann's mom is doing pretty well considering she has been given only a few more months to live. She is able to walk now from that fall she had. She was up for most of the day the other day cooking, visiting and just enjoying life. My girls are doing good. We miss one another, but are very thankful they can spend this precious time with Mary.

My little brother Lenny has been spending a lot of time with Gracie, as well as visiting Mary Ann and her mom. My brother isn't a Christian yet, but is coming very close. He even took his family to church last Sunday (which is a huge step for him). Please pray for him and his family to come to Jesus soon. They are actually on-the-road right now as they are taking their oldest daughter April to her grandparents in Pensilvania. She has been really giving them a hard time lately (not going to school, staying out all night, maybe drugs, hitting mom and sister) and have decided it's best if she leave for awhile.

I visit Calvary Free Lutheran Church in Everett WA. this Sunday. The time I spent with Atonement Free Lutheran sparked practical talks later on how to practically implement evangelism locally as well as "partnership with God in His planet-sized purposes." I'm also mentoring a brother at our home congregation (Elim Free Lutheran) in evangelism a couple of times each week. Pray for us as we make visits in the neighborhood.

Praise the Lord that as we partner with God to "make disciples of all nations", we can receive His peace as we bring the details of our daily needs as well. I praise God for you as well for partnering with us in prayer.

Your fellow workers,
Darwin, Mary Ann and Gracie Jackson