Thursday, September 13, 2007

Back in Tanzania - Jesse Long

The past eight weeks have passed way too quickly and with way too little communication from me…sorry about that. It is hard to believe that when I last wrote, we were about half-way through our Uganda film campaign back in early July. Since that time:
  • July 19th – Ben and I returned to our respective cities in the U.S.!!
  • July 20-September 10th – I was busy visiting friends and family, speaking in churches/youth and college groups/Bible Camp/etc, having medical and dental check-ups (All of which went very well! Praise the Lord!), and attending the weddings of a couple friends. It was quite nice to drive a nice car on smooth American roads and I was thankful to have several opportunities to participate in various all-American activities like a Mariners game, a University of Washington Volleyball match, Labor Day camping, etc.
  • September 11th – Ben flew from Minneapolis to Amsterdam and I flew from Seattle to Amsterdam where we both met and boarded a plane together heading back in Arusha, Tanzania. We arrived at about 10am, Wednesday, West Coast time (8pm, Wednesday here).

I want to thank you all for your continual prayers during this time in the States…again, despite my lack of contact. It was such a blessing from the very beginning to the very end. Without a doubt, the biggest blessing was seeing and re-connecting with all of my immediate family…and many of you as well!! I am totally overwhelmed by the strong network of friends that God has placed around me. It truly makes my being over here possible.

Thank you for your prayers as we traveled over the past 24 hours, as well. Everything went very smoothly. We are excited to be back serving where we know God has called us to be during this time. We will spend this next week moving back into our home and preparing for some guests who will be arriving from the States on the 19th of this month. Their 2 weeks will lead us right into classes starting up again at Waama in early October. We covet your prayers. There is much to do even in getting settled back in. We hope to have our first film showing campaign already the weekend of the 22-23rd.

Well, it is 11:20pm on Wednesday already here so I should get to bed. I hope to have some new pictures on the blog soon but they are not there yet.

God bless each one of you and may He continue to draw us all closer to Him and make us continually more effective in impacting the world where we are to His glory.

In Christian love,

Jesse