Monday, September 14, 2009

Dan and Marcela Giles

clip_image002We thank you so much for your continuing support.

We praise the Lord because we were able to register our baby boy, Roberto Emanuel, which included getting his American Passport at the American Consulate in Monterrey.  While we were there, we also renewed my Passport since it was going to expire soon. Everything went very well.  God gave us grace on the eyes of the workers there and He also provided all the money that we needed for the trip. He is faithful and He is good.

Next month ( Oct. 4th ) we will have Roberto's baptism.  My parents, Dan and Debbie Giles, will be here for the occasion.  We are looking forward to seeing them again.

Also next month, I have to leave Mexico due that my Visa will expire the 7th of October. Please pray that God will provide the money for that trip.  We are trusting completely in Him for the means for this trip to the border.

Please pray for our family's health.  We have been struggling with first a bad respiratory infection then with fevers and then what appears to be a stomach flu.  The three kids and also ourselves are dealing with it.  We don't seem to get any better and this is after medication and visiting the doctor once.

Also, pray for our financial situation.  Last week I went to the ATM machine to get money out and to my dismay got nothing instead.  I entered the amount of money I wanted to withdraw and I could hear the machine counting the money and then stop. The ATM then asked me if I wanted "to make another transaction" and I pressed no, and surprisingly it gave me NO money and NO receipt.  Rather concerned, I went home and checked online with my bank and, sure enough, it was registered as if I had taken money out.  I went back to the bank to discuss the matter and they did not want to help me at all.  They said, "Since it's an American card and account, you have to deal with your bank and not us."  I then called my bank in the states and they said that they will register it as a claim and investigate the situation.  Hopefully they will let me know later what the happened.  So only God knows what happened to our money, and we are trusting that the Lord will provide all our needs. He always has!!!   Please pray that this whole situation can be resolved soon and quickly.  We know that God is in control of our lives and everything that happens to us.
Again, we thank you so much for your prayer support.   We really appreciate it.  God bless.

In His Service,

Giles Family