Friday, July 05, 2013

Catching up: News from Jonni Sliver

imageI have been back in the States for two months now, all of my documents are in the hands of the Brazilian Consulate (I hope! They have surprised me with re-quests for a couple of new documents) and now I get to wait patiently for my visa .

While I am waiting I have had wonderful opportunities to visit wonderful, scattered segments of the AFLC family. From WMF spring rallies, to Sunday School and mid-week Bible studies I have been so blessed by the amazing heart of our churches!

But just because I am in the States does not mean you are off the hook! Your prayers are more important than ever. We have a lot of new children who need God’s healing and our house mothers are needing the strength and grace that comes from the prayers of their brothers and sisters!

The last months have continued busy in the Miriam Home. When I left, the end of March, there were only seven children in the Home, with in three weeks we were up to 16, then to 22! We are now back to 11 children, and only three are children who were there when I left. Let me introduce you to the new-est members of the Miriam Home. The demographics in the home are pretty low right now—we only have three children over five! The three “oldest” children (those who have been with us for more than three months) are Emily, Nicholas and Vitor, all two years old.

Editor’s Note: To read the rest of Jonni’s newsletter and catch up more on what children are in the Miriam Home right now, you can go here.