Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mafu Abel in Panama


    I have now been in Panama for 16 days and am quite adjusted to the weather (comfortable dry heat with wind), the language (Spanish), and the school schedule. It has been a great two weeks! As usual, time seems to last longer as we undergo big changes, and I feel like I have been here for much longer than 2 weeks. When I came here I was apprehensive because I didn't know the leaders of the base, their personalities, principles, testimony or theology. I now can say confidently that I am blessed to be under good Biblical teaching from godly, Spirit-filled individuals. Though I am mostly learning what I have studied and evaluated before, I am confident that this is the right step for me at this time.
     Here at Jucum Chiriqui we have an hour of personal devotions followed by either an hour of intersession or worship music every morning. These times have been and will continue to be important to me as I seek to receive from God the vision he has for the my future in building the kingdom of God. My class consists of 15 students. The nations represented are Holland, Canada, Nicaragua, Honduras, Colombia, Brazil/USA, and Panamá including Latinos, and native Nobe, and Emberá. The subject of the first week of lectures was "Hearing the voice of God and Intercession" and there was a focus on the spiritual needs of the Family. Last week we studied how God's plan of redemption goes beyond individuals, families, generations, Israel, beyond nations, actually extending blessing to all creation. We studied community development and how to use that for the propagation of the Gospel!  
     I was asked to do the translating from Spanish to English for the leadership school in the afternoons (a different course from the DTS that I am involved in). It is a blessing because I get to benefit from another school, yet my mind gets tired from 6 hours-a-day of full attention. I have had a couple of breaks and I will periodically be released from translating duties when there is another translator available. When that happens I get to help with the grounds work. I appreciate your involvement and ask that you would continue to pray for me.


• Pray for continued language learning. (I am currently reading two books + Bible in Spanish)
• Pray for my DTS team; our unity, growth, local ministry and future 2 month outreach.
• Pray for my girlfriend Ednay and her DTS --There is extreme flooding where she is and 568,000 people have had to leave their homes.
• Pray for our Father God to continually guide me in the center of His will.