Thursday, February 27, 2014

Amanda Bellefy arrives in Ecuador

Greetings from Ecuador,
It's crazy to think that I have already been here a week.  I have already learned so much.  Thank you so much for your prayers.  There was some confusion at the airline in New York on my way to Panama City and I had to quickly purchase a $1000 return ticket, but thankfully they were wrong and I get a full refund today.  Praise God!  I am living at the Bible school and on Monday I was put in charge of the five students, mainly in the areas of cooking and cleaning.  Thankfully I have been healthy and have been able to get right to work.  I have felt God's presence strongly, especially in being in a new place and meeting new people.  God has been my comfort and my strength.
Amanda is serving as a Short Term Assistant
Please continue to pray:
1. That I would continue to learn the language
2. That I would be a light and a witness
3. For the spiritual growth of the 5 students here: Taty (Tatiana), Raquel (Rachel), Joanna, Kevin, and Pocho (Christian)
Thank you for your prayers. 
In Christ,
Amanda