Friday, July 11, 2014

July Ecuador update

1504145_10203240154662116_8108408339670347657_n"God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."  I Corinthians 1:9

I read this passage this morning in my devotions, and it reminded me of how faithful God has been and will continue to be.  A lot has happened in the last month.  The students graduated from the Bible school in June.  It was a special day, especially since it was the completion of the first year of the Bible school in Ecuador. 
Since then, the school has moved and we are looking for a new location before the beginning of the new school year in September.  We have 4 students enrolled so far, with more possibilities.  I will be teaching an English Bible class 4 days a week for the whole school year starting in September.  I'm excited for the opportunity, but a little nervous as well.  I have been working on preparing my lessons and curriculum. 

This week was the first week of our summer kids club. We still have 2 weeks left.   We have around 50 kids and the students that graduated from the Bible school are teachers.  I helped prepare the lessons and crafts for the different classes.  I am also teaching English and piano.  I think I'm learning more Spanish than they are English in preparing for my classes-ha. 

Right now I am living with the pastor and his family until we find a new location for the school.  Today we visited a place that has potential, but ultimately it's in God's hands.

I was sick for a little while, but am feeling much better now, praise the Lord. 

Thank you all for your prayers, support, and encouraging notes. 

Please pray:

For a new school location

For potential students

For my English class, preparing and teaching, that God would be glorified

For the Summer Kids' Club

Thank you again.  In Christ, Amanda Bellefy