Wednesday, August 02, 2006

God's Wonderful Work - Part 2


Read Part 1 Below

Not only was Dona Maria praying for a church to be established, but others were having their experiences as God was preparing to raise up this church. One Christian lady from the neighborhood where the church was established said that she had had a vision that a white man was building a church there, and when she saw me working there, she remembered the vision. I guess I did look pretty white, because most of the people were of very dark complexion. But the story that impressed me the most was one I heard this weekend as I returned to Campo Grande to help celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Church. Two weeks ago a lady showed up at church and asked the pastor if she could share a testimony with the church. Pastor Aguinaldo had never seen her before, nevertheless he let her share. “Some time before this church came into existence,” she said, “when this road beside the church was just a vacant lot of weeds, my son was shot here and came to fall down and die right next to this light post in front of your church. I in my anguish and grief came running over to see my dead boy who was lying in a pool of blood and I called out to God and asked Him to plant a church right here where my boy had died, to share the gospel so that young people might come to know the Lord and avoid the life of crime and drugs. I then moved away,” she continued, “and now as I came back to visit, I saw this church and thanked God for answering my prayer, and I felt that I just had to share that with you”. WOW again! What a testimony of God’s work. How wonderful to know that to accomplish His goals He uses us. It reminds me of the song “You can use anything Lord, use me”. Paul wrote to Timothy inspired by God, “In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.” (2 Tm. 2:20-21) This is what God wants, and this is what we should want as well, to be a tool in God’s hand.