Thursday, August 03, 2006

Kristen Agrimson Leaves for Guyana

On August 3rd I will be going down to Guyana, with a group of 11 people from my church. We will be working with a missionary that plants one church every year and the location that we are going to now is a new church that was opened up only two weeks ago. The neighborhood is primarily Hindu, but the people there are searching for the truth and very receptive to the gospel. We will be putting on a Vacation Bible School in the mornings and doing crusades at night. Please pray for us as we reach out to the community there.

I was blessed to have the opportunity to go to Guyana 2 years ago also. It was a life-changing experience. The majority of the people there have nothing materially. They live in houses with hardly anything holding them up, they have dirt floors, no electricity, etc., yet those who know Jesus have a joy that I do not see in most Christians in the United States. I was reminded that no matter how many things I had or what my status in life was, I would not be truly content until I put the Lord first in my life. I have met many people that think short-term mission trips are a waste of time and money, but God used this trip to completely change me and get me re-focused on what was important. I went down there with the intention of blessing the people down there, but instead I was the one being blessed and changed.

Please pray for us as we travel and spend time down there. Pray for the children and adults that we meet and that they would be receptive to the gospel. Pray that my team and I would be a shining light for Christ and that we would be bold as we proclaim salvation through Christ alone. I look forward to seeing God work!

Kristen works in the AFLC Missions Office as and administrative assistant for Home Missions.