Monday, August 07, 2006

Nathan Olson Returns from China

As I packed up my bags, and was preparing to embark on my journey to China, the Father kept bringing Psalms 96:1-3 to mind. “Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise His name; proclaim His salvation day after day. Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous deeds among all peoples.” So I as entered into the communist country of China, these verses served as my motivation to be proclaiming the Word of the Lord, and His glory, wherever He would lead me!


After 30 days of watching God move in amazing and unexpected ways, I returned home from China to the United States. Although our team of 28 jumped at chances to share Christ in any circumstance, we were working primarily with students in both high school, and college. As I was paired up with specific Chinese students to work with, I was able to share with them what is close, and dear to my heart: Jesus Christ. As a result of the communism amidst China, I had to be very careful as to when I shared about God with these lost souls, not only for the sake of their protection, but also for the protection of fellow Chinese Christians. However, God is always in control, and I saw Him open countless doors for the gospel to by shared. Through God's work, our team witnessed many come to a personal relationship with Christ, and experience a urgency also to pass that hope on to others that they knew.


Through God’s power and plan, we now have new brothers and sisters abroad in China, and need to be remembering them in prayer. Prayers are needed for the freedom of believers, as many still meet in secret underground churches. For the faith of the Chinese Christians, that it would remain strong, and steady, even amidst persecution. Lastly, prayers for the gospel of Jesus Christ to be spread and shared by those who believe, that those who are saved would be able to share about the hope that they have inside of them! Praise God for His continuing work around the world!