Friday, February 15, 2008

Ingrid Giles - Surgery February 15

ingrid closeup I am going to have an operation tomorrow (Friday, February 15th).  I had expected to schedule it for early next week, but it just so happens that the surgeon who comes in from the city to do it was going to be here tomorrow, so my doctor suggested doing it tomorrow.

It is a laparoscopic partial fundoplication.  They are going to take the top part of my stomach and wrap it part of the way around the bottom of my esophagus.  I won't be able to eat real food for three or four weeks -- I'll be on liquids first and then soft foods.

I'll go into the hospital around 10am and they'll begin to do surgery around 3pm, and then I'll spend the night and come home on Saturday, if all goes well.  Marcela and Danny will take care of me.  :-)

Please pray for me!  Thanks!

Ingrid