Friday, February 08, 2008

Update from Darwin Jackson

"Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." Luke 23:46


"I am in God's hand and happily take each day as His good gift, leaving tomorrow free of all personal claims, to come or not to come, as our Father sees best. I have strength and can work hard and have the refreshing joy of salvation like a band concert going on inside. So I praise the Lord!"

Paul Lindell (Former WMPL Director less than nine months before he died of cancer)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Thank you all for praying while I was in Sinaloa again. To be honest I didn't really feel ready to go because I had only been in Nogales for three days before that, and I had heard some disturbing news about what has been going on down there since we left. And being a worry wort, I guess I was bracing for the worst even though I was excited about showing the Jacobson's around as they consider serving with us in Mexico.

I had heard that the church in la Cruz was closed because pastor Jose couldn't do it any more. But instead one of Jose's sons is leading the congregation, and doing a great job! Pray for Elias to continue strong and that God would raise up other helpers there.

Ismael is still faithfully pastoring the congregation in Ceuta.
I was really worried about the work in el Rosario. When I asked our pastor in Mazatlan about it, he said with one of those ear to ear grins, "your going to be surprised." Sure enough when we got there we found out that Luis Manuel, the young brother who had been drawn to the Apostolic church (Ones Pentecostal) years ago had come back to us. After all the effort to win him back doctrinally, the Lord won him by grace. He said he just realized that they were motivated and driven by law, and that he loves Jesus for what He'd done and that's why he wants to serve Him. Praise God! He is battling with guilt now. He doesn't feel worthy to be a leader in the Church because of having left, but who is? Pray for him brothers and sisters. I believe God's going to do a great work through him.

Continue to pray:

  • For the Jacobson's as they consider Mexico. They are a dear couple who have been pastoring for twenty six years and are going to be retiring.
  • For the house to sell in San Diego so that my girls can come home to Nogales.

Let the concert play as we pray and trust God to lead us in His work, your fellow workers,

Darwin, Mary Ann and Gracie Jackson

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8