Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Ingrid Giles

Happy Epiphany!

STA - IGOur Christmas program at church went very well and a lot of people attended.  I don't know how many came, but there were more than a hundred children and more than fifty women.  (We know that because we gave away a hundred bags of candy and fifty quilts.)  This year for the first time we combined the program with a regular church service, and we had thought maybe not many people would come because of that.  Please pray that the Word of God which they heard that day will work in their hearts and lead them to a relationship with Him.

My parents were here for Christmas and just left yesterday in the early morning.  It was very nice to have them here.

Oscar has not found a house to rent yet and I don't know if he is still looking for one.  He spent a couple of weeks over Christmas with his mom in Guadalajara and I don't know if he intends to go back there or stay here (he is in Jerez right now).

Lois, a retired missionary who lives in Jerez, has a new neighbor who is a retired priest.  He recently told a Christian young man (the son of his landlord) that he has been preaching a lie all his life and that God cannot forgive him.  Of course the young man told him that God can forgive him and presented the  Gospel to him, but the priest was not ready to accept it.  Please pray for him!

Here is my prayer list:

Please (requests):

  • Pray for my continued health.
  • Ask God to continue to provide Dan and Marcela's financial needs and also mine. 
  • Please continue to pray for Claudia Gamboa and her kids, Nena and her kids, Abril and Cesar, and Oscar.
  • Pray that God would give me the words and phrases necessary to do the best possible job of translating this Sunday School material so that it will be clear to children from all over the Spanish-speaking world.  Also pray that God would use these lessons to speak to the children and teachers who use them.
  • Pray that I'd do a good job as Sunday School teacher.
  • Ask God to help me be diligent and spend my time wisely.  Also ask Him to help me live and do all that I do in a way that honors and glorifies Him.
  • Pray for the Bible Study with Claudia Perez.
  • Pray for the people who came to the church Christmas program.
  • Pray for Lois's neighbor, the priest.

Thank you (praise):

  • I have been healthy.
  • We had a very happy Christmas season with family, and my parents got to stay longer than we had expected.
  • The Lord brought many people to the church Christmas program.
  • God is continuing to provide our needs.
  • I get to live with Daniel, Marcela, Ari and Andi, and see them every day!

Sincerely,

Ingrid Giles