Monday, May 04, 2009

Justo Pillman's Newsletter

Justo's Newsletter I just got back from a 3 day trip with the church youth, mountain climbing.  Our goal was to climb up the extinct volcano El Altar and make it up to the snow line. The snowline here at the equator is about 14,500ft. In total, we hiked around 15 hours during the three days.  Much of the walking was in mud and rain, and as we neared the top
we were uncertain we could proceed because of the dense fog. At that point, we had a time of prayer and praise, and the Lord began rolling back the clouds. It was a powerful
example of the Lords faithfulness to the youth.

On the last day right before beginning the trek home, I was responsible for the devotional. I'd been planning and preparing to share on yielding rights, anger, etc. but during
my personal devotions early that morning things changed. As I stood reading my Bible in the cold and fog surrounded by the mountain peaks, I felt a strong direction from the
Lord to change the theme of my devotional for that morning . . .

Click here to read the entire newsletter.