Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mafú on Mission – October 2014

jpegHello friends,

It has been a while since I have updated you all on my life and ministry, and there is much to update. So, here I go - I’ll try to be brief and clear.

I have been in the USA for over a month already. First, I was in Alaska with my brother Andrew and my two brothers-in-law and my dad to celebrate my dad’s 60th Birthday; then I came to Minnesota where I am now. My fiancé, Ednay, is studying at AFLBS and is enjoying it very much even though it is very challenging because of the language barrier.

In September Ednay and I met with the AFLC Mission committee. We were accepted as AFLC missionary candidates and we are now  going through the required paperwork. In December we will either receive a missionary call and begin raising support for the mission field or we will be given some more prerequisites of the AFLC  as we prepare for the mission field wherever that may be. Ednay and I are open to a wide range of possible ministry options and are following the leading of the Holy Spirit one step at a time as He reveals to us “this is the way, walk in it” (Is. 30:21).

I have spent the past three weeks working on a farm in Stephen MN. Two weeks were spent harvesting sugar beets and one week harvesting soybeans and washing and winterizing farm equipment. I also had the opportunity of sharing at the Free Lutheran Church in Alma with Rev. Dennis Grey.

Now I am back in the Twin Cities metro area. I am blessed to be living in the basement of Dale and Gretta Westvig’s home in Chanhassen, MN. I am currently looking for work. I will be in MN until the 14th of December when Ednay and I will go back to Brazil for four big events - her sister’s wedding, Christmas, my cousin’s wedding and Children's Camp at the ARCA. We plan on returning in January for Nay to attend the spring semester of Bible School. I don’t know how circumstances may change our plans, but as far as we know that’s the plan. Ideally by this time next year I will be married and on the mission field serving long term.

Please pray for us as the days go by and decisions are made. Pray for the clear direction of the Holy Spirit. Pray for spiritual discernment for me. Pray for daily opportunities to preach the Gospel and share God’s love with people anywhere and everywhere. Pray for Ednay as she deals with the homesickness, the new language, new culture, the ever-cooling weather and me.

Thank you for being involved in my life. May the outrageous love of God bring you joy and peace today and always.

In His service,

Mafu Abel

P.S. If you are in my area and can make some time for us to get together sometime, please make it happen because I would love to see you! If you would like me to share with your church about missions I'd be happy to do that as well.

Contact me:

e-mail: mafuabel@gmail.com

Phone: 612-666-7746

Facebook: Mafú David Abel

Mail: AFLC World Missions 3110 E. Medicine Lake Blvd. Minneapolis, MN 55441

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the tack of testifying to the good news of God's grace." Acts 20:2