Monday, August 18, 2008

Ben Jore Traveling from Brazil to Uganda

Ben and Children Greetings from Brazil! Today marks the end of a wonderful 6 weeks in Brazil with my parents and little brother, Andy. It was such a blessing to have an extended period of time with them, meet up with old friends and see their new house, school, and workplace (they recently moved to Vianopolis). But that time has now come to an end. I board a plane this evening at 5:30 local time starting a marathon trip. After passing through Sao Paulo, Dubai and Dar es Salaam, I will land in Arusha on Wednesday evening. Thursday afternoon I will jump on a bus for an overnight trip through Kenya to Uganda, usually about an 18 hour trip. I should arrive at Jinja, Uganda Friday morning. There I will be visiting my brother Nate and his family (including the newest addition, Hannah, whom I've never met). I am planning to stay in Uganda for close to a month. There are many activities planned: showing the Jesus Film, going to some villages, working on their pastors' training curriculum, playing with the niece and nephews, and maybe even have enough time for a round of golf :-) Towards the end of September I will return to Tanzania to meet Jesse (who will be returning from Washington). We will have a couple weeks to get settled and start working on renewing our residency permits (which expire in January 09) before classes start at Waama again in October.

Thank you for upholding Jesse and I in your prayers. This break has been a good chance for both of us to get recharged and refocused on the calling the Lord has for us in Tanzania.

A couple prayer requests...

  • Please pray for journey mercies as I travel this week. Pray that I would be able to get over jet lag quickly
  • Pray for the upcoming ministry in Uganda

Praise the Lord for...

  • A wonderful time in Brazil - what a special blessing.

May God richly bless you,

Ben