Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kalika Peske Approved as Short Term Assistant

KalikaKalika Peske has been approved as a Short Term Assistant to help the Jores.  Kalika plans to leave for Uganda in November and serve for around six months.

Kalika graduated from Concordia University (Nebraska) with a degree in elementary education.  She was originally from Minnesota, but has been teaching at a small Lutheran grade school in Denison, IA.

Kalika's family served as missionaries in Peru for 13 months in 1991 under the World Mission Prayer League.  Her primary responsibilities will be to help with the house and children as Rhoda begins home schooling Elijah.

Kalika states her motive for living as follows,

"I believe that Jesus is my Savior and the only way to the Father.  It is because of his death and resurrection that I have the hope of an eternal life in heaven.  Such good news should be shared!  It is my desire that God uses me to spread this message and encourage other believers wherever I go."

Short Term Assistants are responsible for their own support.  Gifts for Kalika's ministry can be sent to:

 

AFLC World Missions Office

3110  Medicine Lake Blvd.

Minneapolis, MN 55379