Thursday, August 21, 2008

Prayer Update from Ingrid Giles

Ingrid Dear Friends,

I had a wonderful time in July in San Luis Potosí helping teach the linguistics course.  It was hectic!   A lot of information was covered in a short time.  I wrote a little bit more about that experience on my blog.  http://ingrid.zrgtech.com   I've been back in Jerez for two or three weeks, but I hit the ground running and it took me a while to have time to write this prayer letter!  I am appreciating the calmer pace.

One student who was there to take the advanced class was a classmate of mine in the basic class last year.  Her name is Brenda.  She is on her way to the foreign mission field on the other side of the world as I write this.  She is very excited and a bit nervous!

Please keep praying for Claudia Arcos and her four kids!  On Thursday she and I finished the Bible Study that we have been doing, and we decided not to start a new one, although she will keep coming every Thursday for prayer and to visit.  We might study something fun, like phonetics.

Just before I left for San Luis at the end of June, a woman from our church named Bibi had a stroke.  She was in very bad shape at first, but when I saw her again after I returned to Jerez a little over a month later, she looked so much better I could hardly believe it was the same person!  She was sitting up by herself, and talking and laughing, and the best part is that she looked happy!  Our wonderful Lord, who uses all things to work together for good, has used her illness to heal some problems among people in her extended family.  Please pray that God would continue to heal her and her family!

Here is my prayer list:

Please (requests):

  • Pray for my continued health.
  • Ask God to continue to provide Dan and Marcela's financial needs. 
  • Please continue to pray for Claudia Gamboa and her kids, and Nena and her kids.
  • Pray that God would give me the words and phrases necessary to do the best possible job of translating this Sunday School material so that it will be clear to children from all over the Spanish-speaking world.  Also pray that God would use these lessons to speak to the children and teachers who use them.
  • Pray that I'd do a good job as Sunday School teacher.
  • Ask God to help me be diligent and spend my time wisely.  Also ask Him to help me live and do all that I do in a way that honors and glorifies Him.
  • Ask God to keep healing Bibi and her family.

Thank you (praise):

  • God gave me a wonderful experience in San Luis, and allowed me to be useful in some small way to the work of Bible translation in Mexico!
  • I got to visit a little with my friend Brenda before she left for China.
  • God has been healing Bibi and bringing her family together.
  • I have been healthy.
  • Claudia Arcos is continuing to seek God and follow Him, and she has grown a lot spiritually.
  • God is continuing to provide our needs.
  • I get to live with Daniel, Marcela, Ari and Andi, and see them every day!

Sincerely,

Ingrid Giles