Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Amanda Bellefy – MTI Student in Mexico

Amanda Thank-you so much for your prayers.  It's 80 today, but it was 33 last night, so the temperature changes are crazy here, but I won't complain.  Friday I helped make some tortilla things and they made them in an old outdoor oven, so that was really cool to see.  While I was there, a man came who was related to some of the people there and he's a cop from Nebraska.  Anyway, he said he was atheist, but I was able to witness to him and he was very open to what I was saying and at the end he said he wasn't an atheist and he has read the Bible before, so I pray that God would use that and that he would start reading his Bible again and become saved.  His name is Danny if you would be willing to join me in praying for his salvation.  Spanish classes have been going well, although learning a new language is really hard.  Pottery class has been going well too.  I don't know if I'll be able to bring everything back-the dad, Memo, said we'd have to go on the streets dressed up in Indian garb and try selling them on the streets.  I've been learning how to cook Mexican food as well, so that's been fun.  Please keep praying for the family we're staying with-Memo & Claudia and their sons Memito (Memo Jr) and Abraham.  Memito just moved out of the house and he used to be  active in the church but hasn't been since going to college this last fall, so pray that he would come back to Christ and pray for Abraham and Memo, that they would see their need for Christ.  Please pray for us and being a witness to them and being an encouragement to Claudia, who is the only Christian in the family.  Thank-you for your prayers.  Praise God Hannah and I have both been healthy and safe.

In Christ,

Amanda Bellefy