Friday, January 15, 2010

Ben Jore – January Update

clip_image001I hope you had a very blessed Christmas Season and have been having a happy 2010! As I mentioned in my last update, I had the opportunity to return to the States for almost a month over Christmas and New Year's. It was a very blessed time. I was able to spend a lot of time with Adela as we even traveled to Texas to meet her family. I was also blessed to be able to celebrate New Year's with my whole family - the first time we've all been in the same place in about 5 years! Though all of that was wonderful, the best part of the whole break was that I got engaged to Adela on Christmas day! We are very thankful for the Lord's clear leading in our relationship and we are very excited for what the Lord has in store for us. We are planning on getting married on July 31 in Minneapolis. In the fall, Adela plans to continue studying at the Association Free Lutheran Bible School and I hope to study at the Association Free Lutheran Theological Seminary (I'm presently in the application process). Your prayers on our behalf are coveted.

Christmas Break was wonderful, but now I'm back in Tanzania and work continues with a vengeance. This week (Jan 11-15) we have the privilege of having a group of 10 Norwegian Bible School/Missionary Students come and visit Waama! We are looking forward to spending time with them and sharing with them about the work here at Waama. Jesse and I have been asked to teach them 7 class periods each in addition to our regular load, so this week will be very busy for us. At the same time, it is always a privilege to have guests and it will be a treat to teach in English for a change!

Waama is continuing as normal and our responsibilities here have not diminished any. My teaching responsibilities this semester include Intro to Biblical History, Biblical History 1 and 2, and English. On top of this, we are looking to start traveling on the weekends again to show the Jesus Film in the surrounding villages. Please pray for us as we take advantage of these ministry opportunities yet spread ourselves pretty thin to do so.

The rains in Tanzania started early this year and they definitely have not let up. Drought has been a huge problem in East Africa in the past couple years, so having plenty of rain is a huge blessing. In fact, we have had so much rain that people are afraid the crops might get damaged if it doesn't let up a bit! Praise God for His abundant provision.

Thanks to all of you who make this ministry a reality!
Ben