Friday, January 08, 2010

Karyn Ballman Travels to Brazil

imageNote:  Karyn is an AFLC member and her father is Pastor Ray Ballman.

I want to send few details about my upcoming mission trip. Prayer support cannot be underestimated and I greatly covet it. Stay tuned to my blog  (www.karynbrazil.blogspot.com)--I'll continue to post updates throughout my trip and include specific prayer requests.

The Lord has graciously pulled together all the details for me to take a 6 week trip to Brazil. Departure date is quickly approaching--January 11th! I'm am full of excitement and anticipation over all the Lord has in store for this trip.

During my visit, I will be staying with a Paul and Becky Abel, a family who has been missionaries in Curitiba, Parana, Brazil since 1985. The Abels have established several churches in the area and developed the ARCA Bible Camp. Their current ministry includes much of what you would expect of a US pastor's family--Bibles studies, counseling, training, etc. They have a blog that provides greater detail and displays beautiful pictures. The supporting church body for the Abels is the AFLC--the church I was raised in/my dad pastors.

Other than helping with two youth camps, I'm not exactly sure what the Lord has planned for me while in Brazil. Although I'm sure myplans differ from His, I do have a few personal 'goals' for the trip.

I desire to:

1) Grow deeper in my relationship with the Father and in my dependence on Him--to love and to know Him more

2) Tap into His heart for the nations and have my heart beat with His

3) Refocus my life on eternity; allow the things of this world to fade

4) Bring Him glory through serving--whether that be washing dishes, playing with children, or teaching ESL

Please pray with me as I beg the Lord to fulfill these desires. In addition,

please pray for:

1) Spiritual, physical, and emotional protection and wisdom

2) Ease of transportation, baggage arrival, etc.

3) Sensitivity to the promptings of the Holy Spirit

4) A heart of compassion and service

5) A language bridge--being unable speak Portuguese could easily be a hindrance and frustration.

This list is by no means comprehensive. Please pray as the Spirit guides you. Thank you for being a vital part of this trip through intercession. Please don't underestimate the power of your prayers! And, pray specifically! It is always so fun to watch the Lord answer or detailed requests!

May the Lord watch between us while we are away from each other. (Gen 31:49)

His Bride,

Karyn Ballmann

karynballmann@gmail.com

"Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by ceasing to pray for you, and I will instruct you in the good and the right way. Only fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you." I Samuel 12:23-24