Monday, January 04, 2010

Jesse Long’s New Years Greeting

Jesse God is so good and I praise Him for His love and faithfulness that were again so apparent in 2009!!  I pray you all have been blessed with a peace-filled Christmas season and experience all God's richest blessings as we bring in 2010!!

I am happy to report that the first semester of this school year was a semester of much growth and blessing for teachers and students alike and was officially concluded on the 18th of December.  I had the new experience of closing the school as the "teacher on duty" but I trust the corn we planted will grow and the students didn't go home too frustrated. :)

As I mentioned in my last update, Ben has been back in the States for the past several weeks and I have now received word that he is officially engaged to Miss Adela Hein!!  So much for year #5 in Tanzania! :)  My Christmas break was slightly less noteworthy...but probably a bit more fun (but don't tell him I said that).  My business trip to Bahrain ended up getting canceled but it was only after I had already been in Cairo, Egypt for some days.  It was certainly disappointing to have this change but it was also a lot of fun to have some extra days to see the amazing sights in that part of the world.  What an amazing place Egypt is!!  In my 9 days I was able to see the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, spend a couple days in the White and Black Deserts west of Cairo, visit the "City of the Dead" as well as the Coptic region just outside Cairo, visit the famous Sphinx and Pyramids of Giza, and spend about 4 days relaxing and doing some scuba diving in the town of Dahab along the shores of the Red Sea!!  God also provided people along the way for me to travel and enjoy the sights with.  I spent time with people from Estonia, France, Canada, the U.S., the U.K., South Africa, Jordan, and the Philippines.

I arrived back here in Arusha yesterday (Dec. 30) and will be heading back to Waama on either the 2nd or the 3rd of January.  I am so grateful not only for the safe travel and the chance for some rest over these past days, but also for God's protection and care in so many ways over this entire past year!  I can't thank all of you enough for your part in my life not only though your support of the work here in Tanzania but through your friendship, prayers, and on going encouragement.

As I look forward to 2010, it is clearly going to be a year of significant change and transition for me but I am excited to see where God ends up directing my future steps.  Please continue to pray with me in these regards but also...

  • that God would bless the remaining semesters of this school year here at Waama.
  • that God would strengthen the Christians here in Tanzania and enable them to stand firm on the foundation of His Word.
  • that God would continue grant Ben and me protection, wisdom, and direction and that He would continue to meet all our needs.
  • that God would continue to direct in the establishing of nationalized evangelistic teams using the solar-powered equipment.
  • that God would bless our own village outreach ministry which we hope to be involved with again in the coming months.

Thank you again for your partnership with me!  May God bless you all as only He is able!  Wishing you all the best in 2010!!

Sincerely,

Jesse Long

Mbulu, Tanzania