Saturday, November 10, 2012

Meet Anna and Eugeniy

Anna

Editor’s note:  Here are 2 more students from the Bible School in the Ukraine.

My name is Anna. I am 18. I am from Odessa. I finished school this year. In the congregation I am a teacher of Sunday School, specifically the age group of 6 to 8 years old. I decided to study in the Bible School to improve my knowledge for the teaching of children. Also I want to develop myself and learn how to serve people. My favorite Bible verse is: «But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.» (1 Cor 2:9).

EugeniyHi! My name is Eugeniy. I am 27 and I am from Kiev. I started my way with God 7 years ago and then I had no understanding that life could be different, that it could be full and have hope, love and joy. The first church where God led me was the protestant church of evangelical Christians, it was very strong in Bible study and practical Christian life. It was a very good but very difficult time for me. My heart changed every day, God changed my mind and from time to time it was just unbearable. After 4.5 years God led me into Kiev Lutheran youth congregation. I can’t say that it was a right time but God opened the door and showed the way. After some time I became an active member of the youth group and the part of the choir for 1.5 years. The wish to study in the Bible school appeared immediately as soon as I got to know about the Bible school itself. Of course, I had a lot of worries connected with the move to the different city, but now I understand that it was a good choice which I hope will influence my future. From the school I hope that I will become stronger in faith, get new knowledge, and as a result to be able to pass this knowledge to others and to help them to come to God.