Friday, November 09, 2012

Meet Artem and Maria

Editor’s note:  Here are 2 more students studying at the Bible School in the Ukraine:

ArtemMy name is Artem. I am 30. I came from Kiev. From 2000 till 2004 I was a member of charismatic church “The Rock”, where I was responsible for worship (guitar, singing). From the beginning of 2012 I have been a member of Christian Lutheran Church of Kiev. In the congregation I sing in a choir. I got to know about the opportunity to study in the Bible school a month before it started. I understood immediately that I wanted to go very much. I hope that during my study I would be able to strengthen my relationship with God, to know His holy Word, and to become stronger in Christian faith. Also, I hope that the church will help mw to find my way and serve God.

MariaMy name is Maria. I am 23. I came here to study from the Kiev congregation. In my congregation I was singing in the Christian choir. I heard about the opportunity to study in the Bible school during the Christian festival “Gloria Fest 2012”. I liked the idea from the very beginning, as my dream is to serve God in my life. During this year I want to deepen my knowledge about God, get the practical skills to serve people, and the most important, to grow spiritually and to become stronger in faith.  This is still difficult for me to understand what God wants me to do in future, but I know that this year will be very special for me.