Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Meet Katya

Katya

Editor’s note:  Here is the 2nd student attending the Bible School in the Ukraine.

My name is Katya. My native city is Odessa. I am 21. This year I graduated from university, in «graphic arts». I am a distant learner. My way to God wasn’t easy. I was born in an atheist family and myself I wasn’t a believer. I only knew that there was some Higher Power. My life was empty: job, home, study. No interests. And then I was invited to the Youth group in Lutheran Church in Odessa. I will never forget that day. It was like someone poured cold water on me and I awakened. Later I became a Sunday School teacher.

I am glad that I have come to church. I am glad that Jesus has come to my life and He never leaves me alone. I have been only 1.5 years in church. But it changed my life. I found many friends, and in church I met my husband. Almost for a year I worked with children from difficult families in the children's center in Novogradovka. I heard about the Bible school from Pastor Alexander Gross. I decided that it is a wonderful opportunity to become closer to God, so I signed up. I want to know more about Jesus. After, I want to devote my life to children and youth. I want to devote my life to God.